Call Now: (855) GUN-RIGHTS

Restore my Civil Rights

Motion to Set Aside Conviction

Arizona law uses the legal term “set aside” for expunging a conviction. Setting aside a conviction in Arizona involves petitioning the court where the conviction occurred and asking the judge to reopen the case, remove the finding of guilt and then change the case from a conviction to a dismissed case. Whether your case resulted in a misdemeanor or a felony conviction, if you have completed probation or your sentence, you may be eligible to set aside your conviction pursuant to ARS § 13-907.

Convictions that are not eligible include cases involving a dangerous offense, some sex offenses, offenses with a victim under 15 and certain traffic offenses.